Our Counselling Services
Q: You have mentioned 'LGBT'. Are intersex people welcome to receive counselling services?
Our Counselling Team
Requirements for our Volunteer Counsellors:
- Completion of an accredited research or clinical degree at Master or Doctoral level in social work, counselling, psychology, or a related discipline
- Completion of a Diploma or Bachelor level degree AND current accreditation/licensure in your country in social work, counselling, psychology, or related discipline
- Some prior experience or training in providing support services to LGBT people
- Respectful and affirming approach toward LGBT people from Uganda
- Able to commit to providing Volunteer Counselling for 2 or more hours per month for at least 1 year
- Agreement to complete our free online training prior to your start
- Commitment to attending either fortnightly or monthly phone/videoconferencing group supervision and team meetings (depending on how many hours you volunteer)
- Successful completion of a screening interview
- Some prior experience or training in trauma, crisis counselling and/or working with people who have survived torture or assault
We meet you where you are.
Our team of counselors, social workers, and psychologists offer individual, couples, family, and group therapies.
To request counseling services, please call +256700630379. A Patient Services Representative will schedule a short 10-15 minute phone interview that fits your schedule – often on the same day as your inquiry.
During the call, a counselor will gather basic information about why you are seeking therapy, and what type of therapist and appointment time would best meet your needs. If we have a therapist that matches your needs, that therapist will contact you to arrange a first appointment. If not, the counselor will reach out to you and offer referrals to other places or counselors that might be a good match.
Survivors of domestic violence should call +256700630379 for immediate assistance.
Those seeking help with substance abuse issues should ask about Pride Munyonyo’s Recovering With Pride program at +256700630379 to find a therapist who specializes in substance abuse.